Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hello, My Name Is:

I used to be a biochemistry student at a very expensive university. It cost a lot and although the experiences and people I met there were great, it wasn't my thing. Maybe. I'm still not quite so sure. I left school and my job at a cancer research lab right in the middle and for the first time in my lifetime I thought maybe I don't want to go to med school. It shattered me. Everything I had ever done, ever planned, ever dreamed, revolved around that plan. Graduate, never sleep, become a physician, scrub my skin up to my elbows and scrub some more, wear green, perhaps blue, every day and tell people when they wake up that yes, I, with the power of God and modern medicine, fixed YOU. And make a difference. Every day.

Then two years into my studies, reaching into my junior year, life hit me in the face and I fell apart. Before letting my grades take a dip and falling more behind, I left. And for the first time ever, I slowed down. I breathed. I walked. I hung out without worrying about finishing that lab assignment or clocking into work early the next day to aliquot samples from a 6 am surgery. I went to the gym in the middle of the day instead of 10 at night just because I could now. 

It's been two years since I left and I'm still figuring myself out. What I want to do. What REALLY makes me happy. I currently work but it's not what makes my heart pitter-patter. So, in the meantime, this is just a place for my thoughts and what I do while I figure it all out and do what I love and I LOVE design. Although I'm not sure if I want to commit an occupation to it, it does makes my heart pitter-patter. I have a wonderful man who has been my rock and together we live in a modest 950 square foot apartment complete with a hideous patio that has blue floors. (Don't even get me started on our pink bathroom floors). Together we've slowly moved out some furniture the place came with and plunked down some modern touches but we have such a farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr way to go. Oh and we have a cat named Ellie, one white goldfish named Raleigh, and 7 unnamed goldfish that are all orange.

Welcome.

My name is Angela. 

Stay a while.
I'll go put on some tea. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Door Three OH Seven 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis